Market Day - 7/7
The heat wave is going to break just in time for the market this Saturday. We have all the fruit, veggies, cheese, meat, eggs, popcorn, prepared food, smoothies, and flowers you can handle! Here are some specials:
- Mother Butter's Popcorn will be offering all bags of popcorn $5. That includes the White Truffle Salted and Caramel Cashew that are normally $10!
- Faith’s Farm: ground pork, pork burgers and bacon. Free smoked hocks with any $25 purchase!
- Mick Klug: Blueberries, Raspberries, Sweet Cherries (last week!), Tart Cherries, Apricots, Peaches, Early Magic Plums, Green Beans, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Cucumbers, A variety of squash/zucchini, and Okra.
- Mike & Clare: zucchini, scallions, beets, fennel, romaine lettuce, kale, chard, parsley and the last snap peas of the season
- Spice! will be cooking up tacos, burritos and tortas featuring produce and meat from farmers at 61st Street:
- Egg Taco : shredded mix of zucchini & summer squash/cilantro and onion
- Market Burrito: Potatoes/Black Beans/Rice/Mushrooms/Oaxaca Cheese/Jalepeno Crema
- Torta: Smoked Bacon/Black Beans/Mushroom/spicy mayo
- Chicken Taco: grilled chicken/ radishes/fried sage
- Chef David Blackmon will be grilling up “The Works Pita Pizza.”
- The Urban Worm Girl will be showing you how red wigglers can turn your food waste into rich, productive soil through the process of worm composting!
See you Saturday!