Market Day - 6/30
Here are some highlights of this Independence Day Market:
- Celebrate I-Day with fire works and an equally spectacular salad or dessert made with Mick Klug Orchards' red raspberries, blueberries, sweet cherries, tart cherries, peaches, and apricots. Mick Klug will also be bringing the season's first SWEET CORN! ('knee high on the 4th of July?), as well as green beans, cabbage, green onions, zucchini, yellow squash, patty pan squash, 8-Ball zucchini, Mexican zucchini, pickles,cucumbers....
- Envision will be selling kale, chard, zucchini,arugula, basil, chives, sage, mint.
- Mike & Clare report that they will be bringing snap peas, lettuce, fennel, parsley, kale, chard, beets, zucchini.
- Of course, you can meet all of your I-Day meat needs at the Market. Faith's Farm and Mint Creek Farm offer organic and sustainably raised pork, beef, lamb, goat, and chicken. Also, in addition to your pork brats, pick up some Lovely Lard from Faith's Farm for your perfect holiday fruit pie!
- Spice! will be proudly cooking up carbs, produce & proteins from Faith's Farm, Penny Pastry, Growing Power, Envision, Lange's Farm, and Dotson's Farm. Try out Samm's Egg Taco (shredded mix of zucchini and summer squash/cilantro and onion), his Market Burrito (kale/red potatoes/black beans/brown rice/spicy garlic sauce), the Chicken Taco (grilled chicken/radishes and garlic scapes), and/or the Torta (smoked bacon/pulled chicken/green garlic/pea shoots).
- Sunkissed Organics will be with us this week, bringing sugar snap peas, lettuce greens, new potatoes and farm fresh eggs! Sasha will also be selling shrubs, potted black-eyed susans, and potted herbs.
- From 10am-1pm, stop at the Market School tent to converse and consult with Master Gardener Madiem Kawa who will answer your questions about growing your own food. How's that for independence?!
- Chef Nicholas Daloia from the Washburne Culinary Institue will be making a clafouti with fresh, local fruit from the Market! The Chef Demo takes place at 10:30am.
See you at the Market!