Market Day (In-Door) - 11/3
This week the Market moves INDOORS, so you can enjoy your fall shopping experience in the warm and convivial atmosphere of the Experimental Station (6100 S. Blackstone, entry just around the corner from the outdoor market).
Here are some of this week's Market offerings:
- Ellis Family Farms will be back with us for the Indoor Market season! Get your apples, cranberries, cider, honey, jams and pasture-raised eggs!
- Growing Power will be bringing kale, collard greens, spinach, Swiss chard, sprouts, salad mix, arugula, beet greens, beets, carrots, potatoes, kohlrabi, squash, onions, leeks....
- Lucky Duck Farm will be offering chicken eggs, duck eggs, stir-fry mix, bok choi, daikon radishes, baby napa cabbages, and Chinese broccoli.
- River Valley Ranch will, of course, be selling their wonderful line of organic mushrooms, plus an array of their jarred products and frozen prepared foods made with local ingredients.
- Faith's Farm will be taking orders for pasture-raised, organically fed holiday roasts! You will not find higher quality meat!
- Stop at Mint Creek Farm's stall to reserve your 100% organic fed, pasture-raised Thanksgiving turkey for pickup at the 61st Street Farmers Market on November 17!
- New to the Market, Pleasant House Bakery will be selling handmade traditional and modern savory pies, using the best meats and quality ingredients, growing as much of it as possible at their own Pleasant Farms locations in Chicago. Pleasant House Bakery will be bringing three varieties of savory pies to the Market this week—Steak and Ale (all natural beef, carrots, shallots and herbs in a buttery, flaky pastry), Chicken Balti (an aromatic, tomato-based chicken curry with nigella seeds), Mushroom and Kale (3 kinds of mushrooms and organic kale in a white wine, parmesan cream sauce). In addition, Pleasant House Bakery will be selling salads and greens grown on their urban farm.
- And, yes, you will also find your other Market favorites—Stamper Cheese, Penny Pastry, Brown Sugar Bakery, Ingram's Jam and Bread, B'Gabs Goodies, Tomato Mountain, and Universal Crepe!
- Beginning at 10:30am, Chef Katie Jackson will be offering a tasting of her pumpkin bisque. Give it a taste, learn how she did it, and grab a recipe!
The Market will run indoors every Saturday, except Thanksgiving weekend, through December 15. And, as the common good wills it, we will continue to accept LINK and to match LINK purchases up to $25 per cardholder per market day until the end of the season.
See you at the Market!